Monday 19 May 2014

Refreshed and revived

Hello! Welcome to my new bloggy friends and visitors-Hello indeed to you! I'm really excited and nervous to announce that a couple of weeks ago I decided to enter the Deramores Blog Awards. Judged by a host of really rather respectable judges (including Lucy from Attic24!) I'm up against 65 other entrants. The awards is to celebrate the spirit of 'passing it on', and so I was thrilled to share my horizontal box stitch pattern with you as part of the theme. The winner will be announced in a couple of weeks. I doubt I will win, but it's given me a chance to find some other really amazing knitting and crochet blogs out there. I have loved diving in to 'the competition' and learning some new things and reading some beautiful words. Have a look-see, you wont regret it. Click HERE to take you to the finalist's page. 

And...I forgot to mention last week that I was going on holiday! 

We took some time away last week on the Suffolk coast, and it was so beautiful. We were invited to a wedding so decided to rent a cottage and stay at one of my very favourite seaside spots- Southwold. If any of you have been there, you'll know how special it is. It's full of independent businesses, and really fights big commercial enterprises from entering the town. Last time we visited two years ago, they were busy campaigning against Costa coffee's bid to open a shop in the town. It looks like they lost, sadly. And a Tesco has crept in, too. But aside from these, there are a host of local businesses that are thriving in this town. There's a fabulous pier, lighthouse and row upon row of brightly-coloured beach huts. This part of the world is particularly special for me as I often had summer holidays here as a child. Here are some snapshots from the week- dramatic skies, plenty of Adnams ale and lots and lots of CHIPS! 






I will share some more throughout the week, location by lovely location. 

Until then, happy summer dreaming!
xxx




1 comment:

  1. Hi there, just looked through your holiday posts and loved them. Being as all on our doorstep and where we pop to regularly it was lovely seeing them through your eyes too. Seems you had a great time.

    I also went to enter the Deramote blog award and was too late as I found out the day before and thought I could enter when I got in from work but no sadly. Seen some lovely blogs to read on there when I have a moment. Good luck to you though.

    Thank you so much for your lovely words on my recent stitching a, really appreciated. X

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by to read. I've enabled Disqus so if I don't reply to your comment here, please know that I read and treasure every word. Let's stay in touch! I'm also found on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Let's be friends.