Last week my little brother turned 24, and rather than hinting heavily for a certain present, he asked outright if I could crochet him a cover for his iPhone 4S. So what could I do but oblige?
Here is the Finished Object...
The project was so quick and easy, and the effect rather impressed dear old Sam. So I thought I'd share my pattern with you- it makes an ideal last-minute gift, or quick make for craft fairs and whatnot. Here it is...
Crochet iPhone Cover pattern
You will need DK yarn, 4mm and 3.5mm hooks, large needle and scissors. All crochet terms are UK.
1. Using 4mm hook, Ch 13 to begin.
2. 1dc in second ch from hook, 1 dc in each ch to end (12 sts). Turn.
3. Ch 1, miss 1, 1dc into each st to end. Turn.
4. Repeat row 3 17 times more. Fasten off yarn. Sew in any ends if you've changed colour.
To make the strap-
1. Using 4mm hook, ch 13. Turn.
2. 1dc in second ch from hook, 1 dc in each ch to end (12 sts).Turn.
3. Ch 1, miss 1, 1 dc into next 7sts. Ch3, miss 3, 1dc in last st. Turn.
4. Ch 1, 3dc into 3ch, 1 dc into each st to end. Turn.
5. Ch 1, miss 1, 1dc into each st to end. fasten off, leaving longish tail.
To make up-
Place pieces wrong sides facing. Using 3.5mm hook and contrasting yarn, dc the two pieces together around three sides. Using the tail end of the strap, sew to outside of back piece, between rows 3 and 4. Sew button onto front.
Ta-Dah! All done. Lovely stuff.