Wednesday 9 May 2012

Let's Get Hitched!

Yesterday Mollie Makes arrived. A good post day, yes. And a very Happy Birthday to Mollie! The mag is beautiful as always, and came with a DIY and vintage wedding magazine...a month before I get married!

I'm getting married on the 9th of June. Not long now! So I though I'd share some of my big day inspiration, mainly found on Pinterest, and a few secrets about my own wedding planning...

1. Vivien of Holloway floral bridesmaid dresses...
2. Vintage lace wedding dress...
3. Handmade invitations with floral bunting...
4. David Austin roses...
5. Cake table with home-baked delights...
6. Jam jars of wild and seasonal flowers...
7. Tiered Victoria sandwich cake...
8. Herb buttonsholes for the guys...
9. Boating blazer for my groom...


I've taken each of these elements and put my own twist on things. I've made bunting, collected vintage floral linen, baked a test victoria sponge, made tiny jars of lemon curd favours and even mended my 1950s lace wedding dress. We've been growing wild flowers and stamping our own invitations, cutting tiny bunting from washi tape and now we've planned our menu and church order of service.

Flippin' heck, I'm getting married in a month.

xxx

5 comments:

  1. This is delightful! Makes me miss wedding planning, just a little bit.. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling it will be a beautiful day :) Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh, so exciting Kath, can't wait to read and see more about it. Not long now eh?
    ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i must admit...i did think of you when i saw the mollie wedding magazine...i bet you have an amazing 'do' in June (it's the day after my birthday!)...i'd love to get married all over again...to the same man (thankfully!) but just looking through all that lovely wedding stuff makes me want to have a right old get-together with everyone i know!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by to read. I've enabled Disqus so if I don't reply to your comment here, please know that I read and treasure every word. Let's stay in touch! I'm also found on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Let's be friends.