Sunday 15 May 2011

Mollie Makes and other things

Evening all! Oh it's good to be back blogging again, sat here at my ancient laptop, trying to coax the last bit of energy from its knackered hard drive. We've been on 'oliday this past week you see. On Saturday last we packed up the car bright and early and began the long, long journey down to Cornwall. After a good seven hours on the road (with puking/toilet/lunch stops) we arrived at the beautiful farmhouse in Porthgwarra, a tiny village in West Cornwall just a couple of miles from Land's End. I can't wait to show you the pictures, it was just a heavenly escape. I do love to record and savour these little memories from family life. Our little boy will turn one on Friday, and I can hardly believe a year has passed since a couple became a family. I have a few holiday posts to share with you all, but for now I just wanted to check in and show you a brand-new love, nay, OBSESSION. The lovely Nastassia pointed me in the general direction of a new crafty mag called Mollie Makes, and it hit the shelves finally on Thursday. And, well, here it is...

 It came with a free felt kit gift...
 Pages of lovely things to look at and buy. It made me stroke the matte, smooth pages and say "ahhhhhh. Me wantie."
 Lots of lovely vintage homes, including that of Dottie Angel (Tif Fussell), and inspiration of mine that you all know about by now. Very excited about her book that's coming out this summer!
 Another beautiful vintage home...
 A beautiful summer party shoot. I loved the thrifty ideas and hazy, dreamy photography.
I need some pot holders. Just so I can do this. But also my beloved bought me a gorgeous cream cast iron casserole dish earlier. So I made him a curry in it, and yowweeeee! the lid gets hot. So I will begin a pot holder hooky odyssey soon.

There were also two projects for me to get stuck straight into. The felt kit provided me with a pretty iPod case, made by me own fair 'and!

The other 'cover star' project was a lovely one for me to work on this morning, easy peasy and oh so cute!

Here I am admiring my work...
 How do you like them apples?
I am absolutely head-over-heels in love with Mollie Makes. I need to learn to sew now so I can attempt just about everything in the first issue. The homes are so inspirational, just the pick-me-up I needed when I think I cannot manage the Utmost Challenge I set down for myself a few months ago. I can do it!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely blog.

    You have been busy with your goodies from the lovely new mag. Look forward to seeing more posts.

    Regards

    Textureknit

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a lovely holiday. Looking forward to seeing the pics. I heard about this magazine last week - I need to hot foot it down to Sainsburys to get a copy. Didn't realise it came with the ipod case making kit - my daughter will love that! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you enjoyed the first issue and made my felty gadget cosy - it's so neat! And the apple cosy... well, I must say! Darn good that it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've hooked up two more apple cosies...see issue 2 of Mollie Makes for the results!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by to read. I've enabled Disqus so if I don't reply to your comment here, please know that I read and treasure every word. Let's stay in touch! I'm also found on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Let's be friends.