Wednesday 28 May 2014

Sandy Shawl

Hello! I hope you've enjoyed my holiday pics, and not found them too dull!

 I have something rather exciting to share with you...
 Yes! My first pattern published in Simply Crochet!

Her name is Sandy (after my nan) and it's a shawl I designed back in April. It's crochet in Rowan Handknit Cotton, and I love its drape and boho fringing. 
 What do you think? I love the styling of this shoot. 
Festival vibes are the focus of this issue, out on 29th May. (tomorrow eeeeeek!)

And here are some close-up shots of the shawl. Like Lucy at Attic 24, I found it so difficult to photograph! I loved her behind-the-scenes post about seeing her bunting pattern styled and shot. 

I love the way my shawl has been styled- so simple. The shawl is quite decorative and features quite a few different stitches, so it needed a simple setting. 



It's a perfect summer shawl in this cotton, or would be beautiful for winter in a cosy, soft aran yarn on a 5mm hook. I love it! 

There are also loads more gorgeous patterns in this issue, well worth the £4.99 cover price, I reckon.

Happy hooking!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! And well done you... love the colour. And the name. So sweet

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by to read. I've enabled Disqus so if I don't reply to your comment here, please know that I read and treasure every word. Let's stay in touch! I'm also found on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Let's be friends.