Monday 22 August 2011

Amidst the chaos...

We're exchanging contracts today (fingers crossed) on the house, and I cannot tell you what is happening to my stress levels right now. I feel frantic, and my mind is constantly somewhere else. I nearly had a nervous breakdown yesterday, feeling physically sick thinking about how much there is to do before the big move on Saturday. List-making, which I normally find so therapeutic, is not solving my brain melt, and neither is work.

However, my family has stepped up to help take the pressure off. My sister is coming over to help pack and source boxes later, and D is taking Wednesday and Thursday off work. He is on super deadlines on his newspaper thanks to the bank holiday, so can't take too much time off. So my ma is coming over Friday to help, and the whole Eastoe clan will be here on Saturday with helpful smiles and strong arms.

A couple of thoughts and sights have kept me sane this weekend.
A table I forgot I had, the perfect partner to my Devon charity shop crochet doily (50p) and wade granny-tastic vase (also 50p).

 A gorgeous retro ice cream van at Notley Country Park. We took the boys (Albie and his cousin, Theo) last week when D's sister was up from Somerset.
 My own private oasis: Coffee, walnut cake, and the Boden catalogue.
 A package that arrived on Saturday: some Debbie Bliss aran purchased for the above dress, from Vintage Crochet. I have been looking for the perfect mustard yellow yarn for AGES, so was very chuffed when I found this Debbie Bliss Merino Aran in 'gold' on eBay. And the ribbon is a glorious East of India purchase from Devon.
 Which leads me nicely onto my next project: the ripply blanket on the cover of Vintage Crochet, using Rowan Cashsoft Chunky (also purchased on eBay).
Soon to be followed by this 'Camelia' blanket from Cute & Easy Crochet by Nicki Trench. I have some teal yarn (lots of it) as well as other stash that was given to me, and I had no idea what to do with it. Because there was so much of this teal, I knew it had to be a blanket. I will use a violet and dusky pink for the flowers, and some leftover green for the 'leaves' part of the squares. Exciting!

I can't wait to show you around the new house, once we're in there of course. I have just been informed that an enormous amount of money has been transferred to the solicitors. I'll be sad to leave Inverleith, but of course our new home will be in the same style and spirit so life won't be too different. I'm going to a curtain-making workshop at Make, do and Mend on Thursday, so I need to get my fabric this week for our bedroom and the little one's room. Wish me luck!

And I'll see you all on the flipside...

xxx

4 comments:

  1. I hope the move goes smoothly, just think it will all be so worth it in the end xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Kath! We are hoping to exhange and complete our house move in the next couple of weeks so I know how you are feeling - though you have even more to worry about out Albie, but I'm sure he'll be good for his Ma and love his new house! See you soon, Philippa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the move - a very stressful time (as I well know) but I am sure it will all go well and I bet you will love living in the new place. Walnut cake and coffee - yum! Can't wait to see pics of the new place. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the move, and the wool you've bought looks lovely

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by to read. I've enabled Disqus so if I don't reply to your comment here, please know that I read and treasure every word. Let's stay in touch! I'm also found on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Let's be friends.